Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dandelion Wishes - wedding band set

My new wedding band design!

I really love the tree bark set, but I wanted to come up with a new design. Most of my wax work is nature themed so I knew that I wanted to come up with a design that was somehow inspired by my backyard! I wandered around for awhile and collected a few different things. I played around with some eucalyptus leaves - which smell so wonderful and some lavender, which I also love the smell of. I felt they were both a bit too "normal" and i really wanted something unique. I really liked the idea of the dandelion seeds, but wondered if it would be a little to cliche. The texture came out great without saying "hi I'm a dandelion" The subtle texture is nice and organic, but not overly obvious. Each ring is a little different as working with the delicate fluffs is a little unpredictable and surprisingly, they are all different lengths! Who knew?!

Enjoy and happy wedding!

No comments: