Thursday, August 14, 2008

Palladium Tree Bark Rings - commission

I finished up a recent commission of some palladium bands. Since casting palladium is like platinum it requires special molds and investment and more heat - all of which aren't possible in my studio - so I had to have someone else cast them for me. I made the wax just like all of my other tree bark rings and sent them off to Hoover and Strong and just got them back! They looked lovely, but I still needed to add the final polish to them and finish them off. Every time I work with a new metal, I am reminded about how much I love metal! Its incredibly fascinating to think of all the different types of metals and the different properties each of them have. I get excited to work on something new and am delighted with how these turned out.

No comments: