Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Rings - Redwoods


I had a customer request something similar to this a couple months ago and since then I've been wanting to create an offshoot of my tree bark collection and call it Redwoods - a heavier and chunkier tree bark texture cast in 14k red gold. EtsyMetal has a new wedding ring challenge and I figured this was a good excuse to create them. I also made a simple twig engagement ring to go with it. I used a chocolate diamond for a nice earthy look with the red/rose gold. A very light patina has been added for a final touch. I really love the look of them and I hope many other people do too!

3 comments:

Catherine Chandler said...

These are gorgeous! I love the red color and great texture. Good work!

Beth Cyr said...

Thanks Catherine!! rose gold is really lovely to work with too.

Genevieve Richer said...

Absolutely stunning!