Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blog Carnival 07.08.10 - If you couldn't make jewelry, what would you do instead?

This month's EtsyMetal Blog Carnival topic is "If you couldn't make jewelry, what would you do instead?"

Its kind of funny that I came up with this topic and that now I'm thinking of all kinds of qualifications! Can I not make jewelry b/c there is something wrong with my hands, or b/c I've suddenly become allergic to metal or a freak accident and all the creativity was sucked out of me? Haha! So... I've decided I'll pick a few different things.... depending, you know, on what the reason is for not being able to make jewelry.

My first easy answer is painting. Its one thing that because I make jewelry, I don't really seem to have time or make time for it anymore. I really miss it. So if I had to get rid of all my jewelry tools/equipment and use my studio for something else, it would be painting!

Beyond that, I would be a yoga teacher! It IS one thing that I continue to make time for, so if I couldn't make jewelry or have a studio, I would teach yoga. Though at some point in the future, I'll probably be doing that as well as jewelry, so I'm not sure if that counts for a proper answer....

And then I have all these other ideas of things I would like to do. Combined with yoga, I've become extra fascinated with anatomy, health, and nutrition. And I really love plants - the idea of being an herbalist or botanist or some sort of scientist is really appealing.

I think I could go on and on if I had to think about alternate lives I could have led if jewelry weren't what I'm totally in to. But maybe that is too far off topic!

Make sure to check out all the other participants for this month's blog carnival:
Victoria - experimetal
Tomi - metal riot
Ann - hartleystudio
Brooke Medlin
Maria - fluxplay
stacey - wildflowerdesigns
Inbar Bareket

3 comments:

Victoria Takahashi said...

lovely beth, just from the little bit i know about you, i feel like you also are a healer at heart as well :) nice to read your thoughts :)

Victoria Takahashi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Hartley said...

A beautiful post and I'm so glad you CAN do both, yoga and jewelry!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!