Monday, October 4, 2010

EtsyMetal Blog Carnival 10.4.10

This month's blog carnival for EtsyMetal is in celebration of our 4th anniversary.
EtsyMetal and Me
When/Why did you join? Is it what you expected? What does it mean to you to be a part of the team?

I was one of the first members of EtsyMetal - way before there was a jury. I think there were 12 of us to begin, or 13... I remember making a treasury with featuring everyone in the group and no one was left out! how tiny is that?! I'm pretty sure I didn't include myself, but maybe included someone twice. And if I remember correctly, I think it made the front page! I wish I had a screen shot of that! It was the first street team I was on and I really had no idea what it would turn in to - but it is definitely fabulous!

It is quite amazing how 4 years have really changed the group as well as my own business. Being in the group since the beginning makes it a little difficult to say how I might have evolved on my own vs how the group has helped me to evolve. I know that being in EtsyMetal has been life changing. The emotional and business support of other amazing metalsmiths has definitely helped me through some rough times as well as celebrate at wonderful victories. I've constantly been amazed at the camaraderie, openness and willingness to share knowledge and information without batting an eyelash. With such a huge field (jewelry) particularly on Etsy - it seems that we've been able to band together instead of become competitive with each other. The success of others have inspired me to work harder and try new things. I don't know where I'd be without EtsyMetal, but I do know I wouldn't be where I am.

I really think I could keep writing for pages of how much I love this group, but this pretty much sums it up without getting too boring to read!

Make sure to check out the other participating members blogs on this topic:


No comments: