Monday, February 14, 2011

Handmade Division's Talk about blog - Feb. Edition - What’s the most romantic piece you’ve ever made and why?

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

For this month's installment of the talk about blog - the topic is of course Valentine's related!
The question is:
What’s the most romantic piece you’ve ever made and why?

I am in the fortunate position to have made many many romantic pieces - people often tell me wonderful stories of their loved ones that they are getting engaged or married to. And many 'regular' pieces have amazingly loving stories as well. So really it tends not to be so much about the piece as it is about the people and the story.



I think one of my favorites was Liz - who was traveling to Alaska from New Zealand to meet up with her soon to be fiance who was going to propose to her under the northern lights. Just imagining it was so wonderful - it really stood out in my mind.

and to continue the fun - make sure to checkout the other participants for this month's theme:
Rickson Jewellery
andes cruz
Jewelry by Natsuko
Barbara Donovan

4 comments:

barbaradonovan said...

I really enjoy it when customers share a little something with me about why they've purchased what they have. Usually it involves a story about a beloved pet which I'm a sucker for. It must be so nice for you to catch a little glimpse of the part your beautiful creations will play in the stories people share with you.

Lisa Hopkins said...

That's a great customer story--a lovely image in my mind of that proposal. And that ring is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

oooh, I loved your story Beth!

Jewelry by Natsuko said...

great story with great jewelry! it's so great to make meaningful pieces:) xoxo Natsuko