Wednesday, July 23, 2008

aspen ring - done!


aspen
Originally uploaded by bcyrjewelry
Here it is all finished! I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I worked for about an hour on the bezel, giving it a careful and subtle leave shape. I wanted the ends to elongate the look of the stone, not to just be a plain oval around the edge. I love it! Thanks to Natalie for being one of the most superb customers I have every worked with. I'm glad I was able to work on this piece for her. I also makes me want to work on more rings like this. It made me remember how fun stone setting is. I really enjoy working in waxes and combining stones to go with the great organic textures. I have so many great stones and yet they seem to just sit around.

I think I realized its because I don't really like sawing very much and for some reason most of the ideas I have revolving around stone setting requires sawing. So I just find something better to do! Being able to just solder the bezel right to the cast piece was so much more fun! and no saw required!

No comments: