Tuesday, May 13, 2008

the downed tree


28/365
Originally uploaded by bcyrjewelry
Semi un-related to jewelry - but my love of trees is fairly apparent - so maybe its not all that un related! This was a large tree that came down and I am just totally in love with it. I am sorry that it had to fall - its root structure - not so good and couldn't stand up against a full day of heavy heavy wind. Now that is all down on my level - its amazing how it seems even bigger lying down than standing up! It turned out to be a nice spot to lie in the sun. And of course the tree bark texture is oh so much like my rings I can't help that I keep looking at it and analyzing all the little ruts and ridges! and luckily - no damage done - and we'll have free fire wood this winter! Thank you tree for coming down :)

No comments: