Thursday, May 15, 2008

Waterfall pendant


waterfall pendant
Originally uploaded by bcyrjewelry
I'm super pleased with how this turned out for a variety of reasons. It is my first handmade tube setting - made from two strips of bezel wire soldered together... It was both harder and easier than I thought it would be! It was made in preparation for a more detailed commission that will have three different larger oval blue topaz. I wanted to do a kind of test run before I made the final commissioned piece - so now I'm even more excited to get the final one done!

This topaz is one I got a while ago - I normally don't do faceted stones and I normally don't do "coated" stones - but the rainbow topaz was just too pretty w/ the flashes of blue and green - I just couldn't pass it up! I'm glad I finally had a reason to use it! check it out in more detail

No comments: