Thursday, July 16, 2009

one wish in 14k yellow gold


one wish in 14k yellow gold
Originally uploaded by bcyrjewelry
So, I hadn't blogged about this yet b/c I wasn't very happy w/ the photos I'd taken. But I haven't had time to take any new photos, so I'm going to blog about it anyway!
Doing the dandelion rings are super difficult. The little seeds, though tiny and delicate, don't like to burn out all the way. I've taken to handling the 1000 degree flask, taping it around in all directions and then giving it a slight vacuum to suck out any last bit of ash still stuck in the mold. This works great most of the time. Sometimes not. As you can imagine, having the seeds going all the way around the ring lend to more ash, and more possible mistakes that end up in me having to remake the whole ring.
So I opted for doing the single one in gold. I've really wondered why no one has asked for it in yellow gold before. I mean, dandelions are yellow - it seems pretty logical to me. Maybe many people aren't wearing yellow gold these days? It used to be my least favorite until I started working with it, now I love it.
Just wanted to put this little guy out there. I haven't listed it anywhere yet, though it is completely available for custom order if anyone is interested :)

3 comments:

kerin rose said...

Oh Beth, I think this ring is lovely in gold! ( though I AM still partial to my silver thumb ring!

Beth Cyr said...

aww, thanks kerin!! :)

Erica said...

The ring is gorgeous Beth!! Alex and I are drooling over it!