Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ring A Day - #2




Ring #2 turns out to be something I really like and am thinking I am going to expand upon. I really like the simplicity and true organic nature of it. The leaf becomes part of the ring, not a leaf stuck on top of a band. I have ideas of turning this in to a 'real' ring - maybe the thin band would even spin through the leaf and not just be static. There are other leaves I have that could easily be incorporated in to this theme, and I think will be at least as far as my ring a day challenge is concerned. I am getting so many ideas, I think I might actually have to start a little sketch book... or maybe just a word book. I prefer to not be hindered by sketches...

If you haven't done so yet - check out the EtsyMetal blog for many images of other participants rings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it and I can see it in silver especially with the spinning band.