Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

one of my favorite trees

I am sure many of you are aware that not only do I love nature in general, I love trees in particular.

So for Earth Day, I decided to do a couple of things.

1. Give the gift of trees through Heifer.org. This is something I've done before and a group I like to support. Its not just planting trees, its helping people, the economy, and well, the world, through trees! If you'd like to give a full gift of trees you can, or you can donate a small portion that will go towards the full gift. You can check it out here.

2. Make a donation to the Sierra Club and Sponsor the Giant Sequoia National Monument. I have yet to make it there, and hopefully my small donation will aid in its being there by the time I can make it! If you'd like to sponsor a wild place, you can check out Sierra Club's full list here.

and yes, i do live in a garden paradise


I know everyone can't donate financially, but I hope that everyone can at least stop for a minute and think about their actions and think about how beautiful and amazing our earth is. And then turn those actions in to something positive. Plant a tree, plant a flower, donate your time (or money of you have more of that than time!), use re-usable bags, recycle, eat local, eat a veggie instead of a burger, tell a friend to not throw their cigarette butt on the ground, walk, bike, carpool, buy a hybrid!, buy organic, or don't buy and grow your own, every little bit helps. Happy Earth Day!!

No comments: