Friday, October 23, 2009

EMJC-PR 6.9 - bling


Running just a little behind... again! And I kind of feel like I cheated this week... just kind of. These were a custom order for a friend that I've been needing to make for a long time. And I finally made them this week. But I felt that everything about the challenge fit w/ these earrings. They pushed me very much outside of my comfort zone. Though to glance at them you might not think so. They are made from fused 14k palladium white gold. With the cost of gold the way it is, risking on fusing these little puppies was quite stressful. In fact, the first pair I made didn't turn out, so I made them in to a different pair of earrings. In addition - these were her diamonds, and the largest diamonds I've set to date. So yeah, overall, a scary pair of earrings to make, scarier than if I had just made them for fun! So all of that put together makes me think they are A. definitely bling, and B. something out of my comfort zone, annnd C. they fit in w/ the theme of all my other project runway pieces!! Oh and these are the earrings I made from the pair that didn't turn out. They are 14k palladium white gold and 22k yellow gold, all fused.

3 comments:

Victoria Takahashi said...

ooOOoh! I love your "pair that didn't turn out!" tee hee :)
Beautiful job as usual beth!
I love your lacey effect!

Beth Cyr said...

thanks vic! I actually love them too - the combination of the darker gray w/ the super duper bright 22k yellow is a nice combo. it feels very old, like renaissance or something...

Kirsten said...

I like that 2nd pair very much, striking.