Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ring all finished


ring all finished
Originally uploaded by bcyrjewelry
This ring had to be remade. The first stone that was in it must have had some weak matrices (obviously) as a piece fell right out of the middle of the stone. It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. You can see the original here. I didn't have any others really close to that size or shape, but went to the Franklin gem show a couple weeks after I got the ring back. So I was on a mission to find something kind of similar. I brought back about 10 stones for my customer to choose from, and I really think she got one of the best. It is so unique and reminded me of a Japanese landscape painting - an wirey looking tree growing up and off the size of a cliff. I was both sad and happy that she picked this stone. Sad to see it go, but then again, I liked it so much I probably would have left it in a drawer for a few years before ever using it! It is safely on her finger now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just stumbled upon your etsy, and just, wow.