Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Walking stick... and friend


Yesterday on my way in to my studio, I saw this lovely walking stick on the door. Walking sticks are one of the most fascinating insects to me as they hardly look like an insect at all! Even upclose and personal there isn't much to make out as far as a 'face'.


I'm sure this grandaddy long legs thought differently though, as they seemed to be having a staring contest - the entire day! They both just hung out, staring at each other, hardly moving for over 12 hours. I have no idea what they were doing, but they must have finished by this morning b/c neither was there. It was such a treat to get to see the walking stick though - and the day after the praying mantis! Late summer/early fall definitely brings in some lovely critters.

No comments: