Wednesday, October 29, 2008

EtsyMetal CharmSwap #2


EtsyMetal CharmSwap #2
Originally uploaded by bcyrjewelry
EtsyMetal is at it again! We are having a second charm swap and these are my charms all finished up before they got in the mail! I love them and can't wait to get mine back! Its such a lovely idea to all swap little charms. The idea was first conceived by Victoria of Experimetal. There were 19 participants this time around - so I'll be receiving back 18 other charms! I'm so excited, they are really looking fantastic. Its also a good practice for me in making many of one thing. It is not my favorite, to feel like a production line. I much prefer, max, 3 or 4 if I have to. That makes me feel like a human, many more than that, I just feel like a little robot on a factory. BUT, it is well worth it for this charm swap!

I had though about making a couple molds of 2 or 3 different dandelion charms, but in the end, decided to just make them all individually, so all 19 are different dandelion patterns. I don't know that I would have truly saved any time in making a mold of them!

I do love how they turned out - Victoria called them little candies. And they are so sweet! I'd like to make them a staple in my shop, just a sweet little pendant, when I get around to it that is....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are so sweet!