Wednesday, October 1, 2008

fern love


fern love
Originally uploaded by bcyrjewelry
I finally have gotten around to experimenting with ferns for my next wedding band set. They are a little tricky to work with, so we'll have to see if it is something I can duplicate when needed. I had initially planned on having the fern going all the way around the ring. But I was quite inspired by the amazing tiny spores on the backs for the leaves (which made them difficult to work with) that the bottom part of the ring has a dotted texture like the back of the leaf! I think the textures work nicely together and gives the fern even more attention.

I'll keep experimenting with them to see if I can get it down to a science. And I'll have to see if I can press some to store for winter! Not too long and my ferns won't be around again until spring! Maybe they will just have to be seasonal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so exciting! it's beautiful. i've been stalking your blog waiting for ferny-ness and i couldn't be more pleased. do you think it will work in white gold? ~ carrie

Beth Cyr said...

Hey Carrie!!
I can't see why it wouldn't work in white gold :)